Posted on: September 27, 2023
Performs janitorial/custodial, general housekeeping, washing windows, vacuuming, mopping, floor stripping and waxing, polishing, landscaping, grounds keeping, laborer, carpentry, plumbing, and masonry duties requiring skill in the use of power tools, such as, but not limited to: saws, drills, routers, planes & sanders. and be able to operate heavy equipment, such as, but not limited to: backhoe, loadlugger, tractor, trucks and other standard shift vehicles. Installations and repairs using various epoxies, mastics, joint compound, industrial caulking, primers and paints. Performs repairs, replacement of hardware, locks, closers, hinges, glass, frames access panels, roof hatches docks etc. Uses asphalt patch products, sealers and various repair products. Uses hand and power tools such as shovels, rakes wheel barrels, rollers, grinders, jack hammers, trowels, rakes, etc. Mixes, pours and floats cement, mortar and concrete, plasters and lays brick and block.
Communicates effectively and coherently both orally and in writing with internal staff, coworkers, external contacts, visitors and the public. Performs routine mathematical calculations such as but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, division using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Must be physically able to perform work activities that require constant heavy lifting, bending, pulling, stretching, carrying, walking, etc. in an environment that may be dusty, dirty, or pollen-laden, with extremes of temperature. Schedule is Monday through Friday from 0630 hours to 1500 hours. Some overtime and on-call hours are required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid N.J. driver’s license.
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Trade School diploma preferred or obtain within 2 years of hire.
- Vocational courses in carpentry and masonry preferred
- Five (5) years of related work experience required in buildings and grounds that may include, but not be limited to construction, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and other related trades
- Candidates must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Please forward resume, along with salary requirements to: [email protected].
Salary: $22.19 P/H to $29.55 P/H
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply! An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer