In recognition of our responsibility to establish and maintain ethical standards within the public works profession, the members of the Public Works Association of New Jersey pledge to uphold these principles:
- To uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, the Constitution of the State of New Jersey, and all applicable laws and regulations of our unit of government.
- To maintain the highest level of integrity by never compromising the truth or the trust bestowed upon me by my governing body and the general public.
- To the best of my ability and within the limits of my resources, to repair and maintain the infrastructure entrusted in me and to provide the services necessary to maintain the health and welfare of the community.
- Professionally serve the citizens of my Nation, State and Community and give them my loyalty in words, act and deed.
- To never engage in a supplemental business or activity or to accept any gifts or gratuities which would impair my fair and impartial judgment in my service to my employer or the public.
- To never maliciously damage or publicly criticize the professional reputation of other engaged in public service.
- To recognize that, in the interest of professional development for myself, peers and subordinates, knowledge and training are an investment, and will avail myself and encourage others to partake in suitable opportunities to the end.